Logic Sniffer Image
Contents of this website are freeware and/or copyrighted material, and may not be sold
under any circumstances.
Sniffer Image Loader -
VC6 Source Download
I like tweaking FPGA's, and so frequently download new images to the
Logic Sniffer. However, I found the command line ols_loader
tool a little awkward. So I wrote something a little easier to
The Logic Sniffer Image Loader updates the FPGA flash ROM
and the PIC firmware. It
supports the common image files formats, plus Xilinx native FPGA *.bit
Select your port number, and the image file to upload.
Prepare the OLS by holding down the UPDATE button while pressing &
releasing the RESET button. Release the UPDATE button, then click
"OK" & watch it
The loader verifies the OLS, performs a self diagnostic,
optionally does backups on old contents of the FPGA flash ROM (or PIC
firmware), and then
uploads the new image. Lastly, the OLS is returned to
normal run mode so it can be used immediately.
Advanced options control backing up old images, self
test, etc... Enjoy!
- Version 1.01 - January 8th, 2011 - Initial Release
(derived from ols_loader).
- Version 1.02 - January 10th, 2011 - Updated w/latest
Flash ROM table.
- Version 2.0 - February 6th, 2011 - Added ability to
update PIC firmware.
- Version 2.01 - February 8th, 2011 - Made flexible in
length of PIC firmware & also detects a Logic Sniffer placed into
bootloader mode early.
- Version 2.02 - February 9th, 2011 - Removed complaint
about 2.6 PIC firmware. Fixed stupid build problem in
2.01. Sorry about that folks.
- Version 2.03 - March 14th, 2011 - Fixed detection of
Logic Sniffer for Vista & Win7.
- Version 2.04 - May 19th, 2011 - Updated w/latest
Flash ROM table.